I became a gym addict in my 20’s and turned it into one of my professions in my early 30’s. But what started as a way of controlling my weight and modelling my figure gradually evolved into a healthier approach: it’s all about feeling good and at-ease with my body – and having fun (amongst my most recent adventures, I’ll list stand up paddle boarding and scuba diving).
Nowadays, I tend to leave the crazy hardcore training to others! When I train people, I’m happy to provide motivation but I make sure they listen to their body. Relaxation is as important as the effort to avoid fatigue and remove the lactic acid build up.
I’ve also been a vegetarian since my teens and I’ve experimented with different plant-based diets along the years. My prime concern at the time was animal welfare but I soon realised that it was also the right choice for me on a health and spiritual front. I am now a “flexible vegan”: I’ll go for vegetarian dishes when vegan options aren’t available if I’m eating out or invited, although at home, I cook almost exclusively vegan. I believe that everyone has their own path and what works for someone at some point might not be for someone else or not work anymore at another stage in life. I really enjoy cooking and trying to find healthier, wholesome and nutritious alternatives so if you’re interested, check the recipe section.
I was introduced to meditation by a friend who was into Buddhism in 2008 but I’ve been more serious about my practice since 2013, when I attended my first course on mindfulness. Since then, I have qualified as a mindfulness practitioner and deepened my practice during my yoga teacher training.
I am trained in classical yoga (Sivananda), the purpose of which is to connect with one’s inner self, by taming the mind through physical and spiritual practice.
In my quest of a balanced, healthy, happy life, it’s no surprise that I got entangled with self-development and spirituality in the broadest sense of the term. And I’m still entangled and enjoying the journey!
- How to Teach Yoga to Seniors Certificate (Nov 2016) – The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre
- Yoga Teacher Certificate (Mar 2016) – The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre (200h Yoga Alliance certified)
- Mindfulness Diploma (Feb 2015) – Centre of Excellence Online
- Traditional Indian Head Massage (March 2010) – Bristol School of Holistic Therapies
- Diploma in Personal Training (Dec 2009) â€“ level 3 – Lifetime
- Advanced Fitness Instructor Award (Oct 2009) â€“ level 3 – Lifetime
- Nutrition and Weight Management Award (Dec 2008) – Lifetime
- Gym Instructor (Aug 2008) – CYQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing â€“ Gym â€“ REPs Level 2 – YMCAfit
- Studio Instructor (Dec 2007) – CYQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Exercise to Music – REPs Level 2 – YMCAfit